Lifted by API From Hard Talk Kenya Blog and reprinted here without changes-
· Here and there:
· 1) A witness heavily relied on by the prosecution to firm up the International Criminal Court (ICC) case against Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and Ambassador Francis Muthaura is said to have written to the court to withdraw him from the proceedings. However, the office of the Prosecutor is said to have blocked the request by the witness to pull out of the case (People Weekend, March 3-4, 2012) and declined to inform the Pre-Trial Chamber (Two) judges of the plea.
· Subsequently, an organisation which has been following the Kenyan cases has written to the Appeals Chamber of the ICC to introduce new evidence where the credibility of the prosecution is questioned in the process.
· In a sensational revelation, the lobby with an interest in the Kenyan cases, based in the United Kingdom, noted that Witness 4, identified as James Maina Kabutu, had written to the ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo on several occasions, asking to withdraw from the case, but his calls went unheeded.
· Chairman of the African World Media (AWM) David Matsanga said Moreno-Ocampo failed to inform the pre-trial chamber of the development which would have led to the withdrawal of the witness, jeopardising his case.
· Matsanga, at a press conference, in Nairobi (People Weekend, March 3-4, 2012), said: “Moreno-Ocampo’s office has not informed the ICC about this development and this compromised the proceedings in the Pre-Trial (Two). It is an appealable matter where, in ordinary courts, Ocampo should have been charged with perjury and contempt of the ICC court.”
· Matsanga furnished the media with a tape recording made in New York, of the recanting of the witness testimony (that he (Kabutu) gave to the Waki Commission) against Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and former head of the Civil Service Francis Muthaura.
· In the tape, Kabutu is captured saying the testimony he gave the ICC regarding the events that followed the hotly disputed presidential polls in December, 2007, were false and made under duress.
· In the recording made early in 2011, Kabutu (People Weekend, March 3-4, 2012) said: “I spoke to the investigator (Melinda Mitts) who wrote it herself and asked me to fix my signature at the statement.”
· The ICC Outreach Coordinator for Kenya, Maria Kamara (March 2, 2012) said the relevant court departments had received the correspondence from the witness, but she promised a statement on the matter would be issued later.
· The Witness 4 testimony was heavily relied on by the prosecutor in the case against Uhuru and Muthaura. In his statement to the prosecution, the witness indicated he attended planning meetings as a member of the outlawed Mungiki sect. In Ocampo’s evidence, Witness 4 said he was present at a meeting with Uhuru at Yaya centre to plan violence, while he also attended meetings at Nairobi Safari Club as well as State House, Nairobi.
· However, while recanting his testimony, Kabutu said he had never come into contact with Uhuru, Muthaura, President Kibaki or his Private Secretary Stanley Murage. Be that as it may, the disaster called Luis Moreno-Ocampo (March 2, 2012) threatened to request the arrest of David Matsanga after his sensational revelation.
· In a terse statement from the office of the ICC Prosecutor (weekend Star, March 3/4, 2012), the disaster said: “It is our duty of protection not to make public or comment on the identity of OTP (read Office of The Prosecutor) witnesses. Our reaction to these events will be judicial. We will investigate who is trying to tamper with potential witnesses and we will request appropriate measures, including arrests. Do not expect us to debate these issues in the media.”
· But in a quick rejoinder, Matsanga stood his ground saying that the witness contacted him and asked him to tell the court that he had lied on the statements about Uhuru Kenyatta and Francis Muthaura.
· Matsanga continued, hammer and tongs: “If I am going to be censured for this, then let it be. If they want to enjoin me in the case, let them do so and I will be ready to be enjoined. I hate Luis Moreno-Ocampo and this round I have found him!” Incredible stuff this, good people!
· Luis Moreno-Ocampo is a poodle of the Obamas, Camerons, Sarkozys, et cetera, of this cruel and unjust world; in an elaborate conspiracy of evil; in which the young racist neo-colonialists/imperialists (to quote the brilliant Comrade Robert Mugabe) try or are trying to stamp their authority arrogantly and contemptuously!
· When Hillary Clinton denounced China and Russia recently on their stand on Syria “as despicable”, China responded angrily (Star, February 29, 2012) saying that after the Iraq war, “Washington has become super arrogant” to claim to be talking for the Arab people! Very good! We pray that the BRICS (read Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) formed, pronto, a stronger counterbalance to tame the “super arrogance!”
· But, by and large, the Sovereign Lord, the living God is neither cruel nor unjust; and soon the truth will become clearer! Let us all remember Romans 8: 31 (Good News Bible): “In view of all this, what can we say? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
· 2) Honourable James Njenga Karume was laid to rest (March 3, 2012) at his Cianda Residence, in Kiambaa, Kiambu County. We shall not comment about the proceedings (at the funeral service) now, but, certainly, will as soon as possible.
· But in exercise of his human, constitutional and democratic rights, the man Raila dismissed (at the indefatigable Minister John Michuki’s funeral service) as “mzee ambaye amekula chumvi nyingi sana” made his mark at the funeral service!
· The compromised, partisan, unprofessional and reckless ODM-KPU-leaning media houses are already trying to create something “from what the mzee said”, shamelessly and desperately, seeking propaganda value for their punctured candidate (NTV, KTN News – March 3, 2012 – at 7pm and 9pm). But will they succeed: Oh, NEVER! Times have changed; this is a completely different ball game; and completely different dynamics! Fare Thee Well Baba Immanuel.
· 3) A Kenyan, Githuku Mungai (Daily Nation, March 3, 2012) said: “A lot has been said on how hard-working Mr. Njenga Karume and Mr. John Michuki were. The two were very rich men. It is also said that Mr. Karume was a very generous man. Those of us in lowly-paying jobs or are jobless should start doing something about our situation…
· There is still hope that we could make it like the two departed gentlemen. There is need to wake up from the slumber of relying on someone else to sort out our problems, yet we have the power to take control. We might not make billions, but at least we will get out of poverty.”
· 4) The great people of Kenya must refuse the choice of leader(s) that the young Western racist neo-colonialists want to impose on them; the people of Kenya must decide on their own free will; the people of Kenya must be respected, unconditionally; their dignity as human beings must be respected, without any conditions whatsoever; Kenyans are neither sub-humans nor amnesiac idiots; their human, constitutional and sovereign rights must be respected, at all times;
· Kenyans must reject leaders like the Rt. Hon. PM who, like a crybaby, is at the beck and call of his arrogant and contemptuous young foreign masters on whom he is relying entirely to deliver the presidency, via the mortally flawed ICC process; Kenyans are neither zombies nor slaves! Let the people decide; Let the people decide; and kindly, please; Let the people decide! Down with all those leaders (with) any tinge of allegiance to the young foreign masters and powers, in whatever way, manner, form and/or shape! Alluta Continua.
source – Hard Talk Kenya Blog